Emerald City

Emerald City
My home from another life...

Saturday 23 October 2010

Kelly Cutrone in OUR city!

When I read on the Illamasqua blog that Kelly Cutrone, the coolest queen of PR, would be at their Soho flagship store last week, I could not contain my excitement. Watching her on The Hills and The City she seems untouchable, so to meet her, shake her hand and get a photo/autograph was a very surreal moment. I had to rush after work and there was quite a crowd by the time we arrived. Kelly was in the store supporting the brand, signing her book and giving all proceeds to the fantastic S.O.P.H.I.E charity. Her book "If you have to cry, go outside; and other things your mother never told you" sold out within a hot second. Posters of Kelly were given out to be signed for the unfortunate among us that didn't manage to get a book. She was so humble, cool, nice, chatty, funny and lovely. I wanted to say "please will you be my best friend" but thought that might be slightly cringey?! For someone with a dream of working in PR in New York, it was a great night and one I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment