Emerald City

Emerald City
My home from another life...

Friday 8 October 2010

Eeeeh by gum...

This weekend, I'm trading the city life for a long weekend with my family in Yorkshire. With the best of both worlds (Mum lives in Leeds - great for shopping, and Dad deep in the Yorkshire Dales countryside - great for....walks and tea rooms!) I'm overly excitable for a dose of R and R and some retail therapy. Today I'm going to Ilkley for the vintage shops and hopefully find some charity shop gems, resulting in a couple of hours in the famous Betty's tea room for tea, scones and putting the world to rights. No one does afternoon tea better than Yorkshire folk. With the quaintest china sets and ornate cake stands oozing with fresh jam and clotted cream, Betty's is a must for anyone wanting to go back in time and taste the exceptional..... Gym twice a day next week me thinks!


No comments:

Post a Comment